Some favorite quotes:
"The 'wall of separation between church and state' is a metaphor based on bad history, a metaphor which has proved useless as a guide to judging. It should be frankly and explicitly abandoned."
-- Chief Justice William Rehnquist, from his dissent in Wallace v. Jaffree, 1985
"Now the Senate is looking for moderate judges, mainstream judges. What in the world is a moderate interpretation of a constitutional text? Halfway between what it says and what we'd like it to say?"
-- U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia, Aug. 29, 2005
Below are the notes sent in 2017. Clicking on the note name will open it. There are more notes on the next and previous pages.
- Bartholomew - December 10, 2017
- The Lutheran and the Catholic - December 4, 2017
- Dinner conversation - November 23, 2017
- How did we get here - October 17, 2017
- Vineyards - October 7, 2017
- Perspective - September 7, 2017
- The Leaders of the Band - June 29, 2017
- A Plan For Lent - May 21, 2017
- Green and Blue - April 25, 2017
- Moving Day - April 8, 2017
- Made Out Of Moonlight - March 12, 2017
- Answered and Unanswered - February 4, 2017